Ten Things That Make Me Happy
(tagged by corivax
This is not an exhaustive list, nor is it in any particular order or rank. And it's things, not people. Certain people can take themselves as read. ^_^
1. Taking flower pictures. Or pictures in general, really. I used to take a lot of pictures, I kind of slacked off, I'm back at it again. Also, posting them, which may be directly related. For today's example, see below.
2. Philip Glass's "Metamorphosis One." You should own a copy.
3. Researching the crap out of things that have caught my interest recently. The web has made this a zillion times easier and fun. When I've had to do it all-physical-book, it's been slow and frustrating - akin to the way that I write pretty well given a keyboard, but just can't in handwriting; the amount of time it takes to make characters is just too frustrating and limiting. This probably implies some mild form of ADD or something, I dunno.
4. Sushi! Also pho, really good udon, moshi, shave ice, mirin (cooking with, not drinking, you goons), rice crackers, berries off vines, baked beans I made myself, and ice cream.
5. Gardening, as long as it's on a scale that isn't insane. Clearing the back yard/hillside? Insane. I'll hire somebody to that when and if we can afford it, and until then, it's on its own. [Note the correct use of it's and its here. Please remember for future reference.]
6. Shoujo Kakumei Utena
. Also, Wish
, Invader Zim
, Cardcaptor Sakura
, Leave it to Kero
, A Miracle of Science
, most books by Verner Vinge, most films by Hayao MIYAZAKI, most manga by CLAMP, and Battlestar Galactica
. That's kind of a lot for one item.
7. Fixing broken things, as long as it doesn't become repetitive, which is to say, frustrating and annoying. Night before last, I fixed our little $3 kitchen timer, because, well, I could
. It was fun. And also $3 cheaper than buying a new one. Something that I have to fix over and over again, on the other hand, annoys me. I do badly at deeply repetitive tasks.
8. Playing music in a group, even though we haven't done that lately due to lack of a group. Unfortunately, it mostly seems to be a group activity for me.
9. Actually doing something coherent in Japanese, which is pretty rare. I'm very bad at it. Now that the rainy season is coming, I'll be on the bus more often instead of biking (see next entry) so will be studying more again.
9.5 l33t, because it's soooo stupid. ^_^ I call this 9.5 because it's languages-related and therefore links to item nine. Kinda. HEY IT'S MY LIST, BACK OFF.
10. Biking. ^_^ On a similar note, having a good bus system and walkable areas. I like being able to leave house without anything
and go all over the city and not have to worry about driving or where I'll put the stupid car.
Okay, that's ten. There are more queued up in my brain, but SUFFAH, POPE! And have a flower picture. I found this one near the bus stop on 25th last week, shortly before running into Anna getting onto the same bus home I was, which was funny!
I also like this bizarre, added-on-to garage a lot. It's on the walk to the shops and it makes me happy. AGH THAT'S ELEVEN fuxx0r j00 for getting that out of me! Bastards!
Yesterday and the Day Before
PS: No tags on anybody, but do your own version if you want.